Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day Twenty-Eight or is it?

My indulgence began with an icy margarita, complete with a salty rim. From there, I ventured to a bowl of tortilla chips accompanied by spicy guacamole and a chipotle salsa. You are probably asking yourself, "did she stop there? That's a lot of salt. Tell me she stopped there." But no, I kept ordering. I proceeded to eat two soft-shell fish tacos, heaping with white sauce and cabbage. Then the second margarita came, even better than the first. I threw it back and headed to the movies. The movies, home to my absolute favorite snack:popcorn. Emboldened by tequila,I ordered a diet Coke and a bag of warm, buttered popcorn. While it was delicious, I was too full from my dinner to eat much of it. When I returned home, I put on an old Stones cd and poured myself a glass of single malt scotch--now that's truly returning home.

This morning my fingers are swollen, but my ears do not feel like they're full of water, as they did so many days this summer. Is the ringing still there? Absolutely--just as it has been for the last twenty-seven days. So, what now? Should I abandon the raw movement? I don't think so. Even if eating raw food isn't the cure all I had hoped it would be, I still feel I am much healthier for it.

My plan is to eat raw for six days a week. One day a week will be reserved for my old buddies: booze and bacon, or whatever cooked delight presents itself. I also plan to keep this regimen for at least ten weeks. This time the goal is weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment